Being an Effective and Efficient Leader
Last week I shared with you how you could be more efficient. This week I thought I would to talk about how you can be a more effective and efficient leader if you are managing a group of people. As a Cheetah leader it’s your responsibility to be certain that the team stays focused at all times.
The following are some elements that will help you to your efficiency:
- Shared goals and objectives – make sure everyone has an overall understanding of the role of their team in the total organization as well as the responsibilities and goals the team needs to achieve.
- Effective utilization of resources – to accomplish their tasks effectively the team must be able to utilize all the resources at its disposal and members should understand it’s their responsibility to contribute information and ideas in order to achieve maximum utilization.
- Trust – in order to build working relationships based on openness and trust and for your team to be efficient you must deal with the emotional needs and interpersonal problems of the members.
- Control and procedures – you must have clear policies and procedures in place that will guide and regulate the team’s activities, meeting agendas, schedules, etc.
- Effective communications – make sure you establish open and honest communication between all team members and create an environment in which everyone has an equal opportunity to participate in discussions.
- Efficient approach to problem solving and decision-making – make sure you utilize an approach that is shared and supported by all members so that you can minimize misunderstandings, frustration and inefficient and ineffective decisions.
- Experimentation and creativity – to generate new ways to increase efficiency you must allow the team to experiment with new ways of doing things and move beyond established procedures and processes.
Being really efficient and effective is definitely is one of the most sought after skills any person can have!