Plan and then, Just Do It!
It’s tough. I know. But you don’t have a choice. Whether you win first, second, or third place in a race, it is imperative to train and work hard. You will need a strategy to get into good shape, and must be willing to go through the pain or suffering that it requires. And it will. So stop whining. Don’t wait. Do it now.
Start with a good and sound strategy. The origin of the word strategy finds its roots in the Greek language: stratos (army) and ago (leading) or strategia (generalship), and while related today, it drifts from the original military framework of moving troops to achieve victory in war.
Today it’s more about:
- Enabling the achievement of objectives through a series of choices that affect outcomes.
- Devising or employing plans to achieve your goals.
- Specific actions in pursuit of particular ends.
- Achieving the desired goals rather than determining what those goals are or ought to be or how they are established.
- Being adaptive rather than rigidly tied to a definite set of instructions.
You can do this. Create a strategy, then go out and just do it!