Staying on Track to Build Better Teams
More people, more opinions, more misunderstanding, more mistakes, more frustration…
We have all been part of a team that isn’t clicking as well as it could. Here are five suggestions that will help get or keep your team on track:
- Direct, motivate, educate, monitor and mentor individual team members to gain valuable input and support buy-in through direct communication of the strategic direction and the reasoning behind it.
- Carefully assess each member’s abilities, make assignments that align with those abilities, avoid putting the wrong person in the wrong place and ensure that they have the tools and resources required.
- Provide clear direction and expectations on an individual basis and trust them to accomplish the task while monitoring the process and providing support where required.
- Remove roadblocks and barriers that directly affect a team member’s ability to complete their assignment.
- Meet frequently to discuss progress and areas where improvement is needed, providing constructive criticism and focusing on feedback on an individual basis.